New version of Kazam Screencaster was just released. Please note that this an unstable release and you can expect trouble. You can report bugs to Launchpad and you can personally unleash your wrath in #kazam on irc.freenode.net. :)
Rundown of changes:
- Detection of Linux Mint (LP:#971643).
- Minor documentation fixes (LP:#944371).
- An option to disable countdown window (LP:#934586).
- Start/Stop options for indicator menu (LP:#934841).
- More resizing handles on region selection window (LP:#946403).
Few other additional features:
- Added parameter –nosound to disable Pulse Audio and sound detection.
- Added parameter –test to generate a test video signal instead of capturing screen.
- Basic Pulse Audio check added if there are no PA libs, sound will be disabled.
- GtkBuilder UI (again), replaced GtkCheckBox with GtkSwitch.
- Removed Global Menu and replaced About option with a button (Contribution by Georgi).
- Blinking indicator icon.
- Added ‘Cancel coundown’ option to the indicator menu.
- Speed optimizations for VP8 and H264.
- Changed H264 container from Matroska to MP4.
- Added streaming options to H264.
- … perhaps there are more.
You can get Kazam at the usual location on Launchpad.